This agreement governs your use of the eLearning.net website. To learn about usage rights for our royalty-free content, please read our Content License Agreement.
Use of the Site
This Web site and its contents (the “Content”) are intended for customers of The eLearning Network™. You may not use this Web site or the Content for any purpose not related to your business with The eLearning Network™. You are specifically prohibited from: (a) downloading, copying, or re-transmitting any or all of the Web site or the Content without, or in violation of, a written license or agreement with The eLearning Network™; (b) using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (c) manipulating or otherwise displaying the Web site or the Content by using framing or similar navigational technology; (d) registering, subscribing, unsubscribing, or attempting to register, subscribe, or unsubscribe any party for any The eLearning Network™ product or service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so; and (e) using the Web site or the Content other than for its intended purpose.
You may not interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse this Web site or any system resources, services or networks connected to or accessible through this Web site. You may only use this Web site for lawful purposes.
All materials (including the organization and presentation of such material) on this Web site (the “Materials”) are the property of The eLearning Network™ and its licensors and may be protected by intellectual property laws including laws relating to copyrights, trade-marks, trade-names, internet domain names, and other similar rights.
Any other use of these Materials without The eLearning Network’s written permission is prohibited unless you have entered into a separate agreement with The eLearning Network™, such as a Royalty Free License Agreement, Creative Commons license, and/or other licensing arrangements offered and agreed to by the eLearning Network.
The Materials may only be used and copied for your own, non-commercial, personal or educational purposes, provided that the Materials are not modified and that copyright and other intellectual property notices are not deleted. You may not create derivative works from or otherwise exploit the Materials in any way.
The eLearning Network™ is committed to respecting the privacy of the personal information of the individuals with whom we interact. We have developed a Website Privacy Commitment to describe our privacy policies and practices and how we collect, use and disclose the personal information of those individuals who visit our website. Please see our Website Privacy Commitment for further details.
Currency of Web site
The eLearning Network™ updates the information on this Web site regularly. However, The eLearning Network™ cannot guarantee or accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information on this Web site. The eLearning Network™ may revise, supplement or delete information, services and/or the resources contained in the Web site and reserves the right to make such changes without prior notification to past, current or prospective visitors.
Linked Web sites
This Web site may provide links to third party Web sites for your convenience only. The inclusion of these links does not imply that The eLearning Network™ monitors or endorses these Web sites. The eLearning Network™ does not accept any responsibility for such Web sites. The eLearning Network™ shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss, caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or the reliance upon any information, content, goods or services available on or through any third party Web sites or linked resources.
Internet software or computer viruses
Due to the nature of the Internet, Internet software or transmission problems could produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of information contained on this Web site. Computer viruses or other destructive programs may also be inadvertently downloaded from this or any Web site.
The eLearning Network™ shall not be responsible or liable for any software, computer viruses or other destructive, harmful or disruptive files or programs that may infect or otherwise impact your use of your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing on this Web site or your downloading of any of the Materials from this Web site. The eLearning Network™ recommends that you install appropriate anti-virus or other protective software.
Web Site and Materials Provided “As Is”
THIS WEB SITE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ELEARNING NETWORK™ DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS WEB SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND THE MATERIALS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Infringement
The eLearning Network™ respects the copyright of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide The eLearning Network™ with a written communication addressed to our President including substantially the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Please address your letter to our CEO, as follows:
The eLearning Network
12345 Lakecity Way #150
Seattle, WA 98125
Feel free to email The eLearning Network™ at [email protected]. However, the Internet is not a fully secure medium and any communication may be lost, intercepted or altered. The eLearning Network™ is not liable for any damages related to communications to or from this Web site. You agree with respect to any information provided by you to us through this Web site or via e-mail that:
- The eLearning Network™ has no obligation concerning such information;
- The information is non-confidential;
- The eLearning Network™ may use, disclose, distribute or copy the information and may use any ideas, concepts or know-how contained in the information for any purpose without compensation; and
- The information is truthful and disclosure of the information does not violate the legal rights of others.
This Web site is controlled, operated and administered by The eLearning Network™ from within the United States of America. This Web site can be from other countries around the world. As each of these jurisdictions has laws that may differ from those of the United States of America, by accessing this Web site, you acknowledge and agree that all matters relating to access to, or use of this Web site shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America.
You also agree that any claims or disputes whatsoever arising hereunder shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the United States of America and acknowledge that you do so voluntarily.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
This site is operated by eLearning Inc., and may be accessed in the United States and abroad. For personal information protection purposes in the European Union, The eLearning Network® is the controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of the personal information.
The eLearning Network®
12345 Lakecity Way #150
Seattle, WA 98125
Or by email to: [email protected]
Collection of Your Non-Personal and Personal Information
The eLearning Network® collects certain kinds of non-personal information, such as the website that referred you to us, browser type and language, and access times. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the site. Limited demographic information, such as the industry you work in, may also be collected and may be linked to your personal information.
We only collect personal information about you after you have provided us with your consent to collect that specific information.
Personal information includes:
Information collected when you register or visit the site including your member name and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, IP address and phone number.
- Information collected when you download free products or make a purchase including your credit card number and billing address.
- if you become a contributor, information collected when you sign-up as a contributor including
- banking and other financial institution information required in order for us to compensate you;
- your social insurance number required in order for us to prepare tax information slips; and
- a copy of your photo identification (for example, your driver’s license).
- You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain products and services may not be available to you.
Use of Your Personal Information
The eLearning Network® collects and uses your personal information to:
- create and manage your membership account;
- process your transactions;
- provide customer service;
- perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, including sending you surveys;
- to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- to run contests, select entrants, and choose prize winners;
- to run Interactive Areas;
- if you are contributor to The eLearning Network®, to compensate you and to prepare tax information slips;
- if you are a contributor to The eLearning Network®, to identify your uploaded content as your content;
- to communicate with you about your transactions, new products and services including transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations; and
- eLearning, Inc. may also send you marketing emails to inform you of new products or services or other information or offers that may be of interest. These marketing emails may come from The eLearning Network® or any of its divisions, affiliates or subsidiaries, and partner vendors (e.g. LMS vendors, transcription service providers, etc.).
Personal information collected by The eLearning Network® and its affiliates may be stored and processed in any countries in which The eLearning Network® or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by providing us with your personal information and using our sites or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those third-party service providers (i) shall be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service, (ii) must protect personal information to the same extent as The eLearning Network®, and (iii) shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law.
Consent of Your Personal Information
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access and change your personal information in the “My Account” section of the site.
Personal Information Preferences
The eLearning Network® respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, please let us know by: (1) checking or unchecking the appropriate box on your online registration form when you sign up or in the “My Account” page of the website once you are a member; (2) contacting The eLearning Network via the Contact Us form on the website; (3) follow the “unsubscribe” instructions included within each email communication; or (4) by email at [email protected].
If you choose not to receive marketing emails, please be advised that you will continue to receive transactional or account communications and emails (e.g., confirmation emails and account balance statements).
The eLearning Network® uses “cookies” to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences.
Cookies offer you many conveniences:
- They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, shopping carts, and view their previous invoices.
- Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
- Cookies allow us to deliver personalized content to you, including search results and targeted advertising.
- Cookies help to protect your security by checking your login details and may help prevent fraud.
- Cookies remember your preferences when using the site.
- Cookies also identify particular customers in the event such customer would like assistance from a live, online customer service representative.
- Measure and analyze aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor’s internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
- Remember our users’ previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
- Record users’ behavior on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
- Evaluate user traffic and behavior on the site to compile activity reports for our internal use only.
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
- Identify users arriving at the site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the site. Disabling cookies may negatively impact your experience of the site.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without limitation:
- limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees who require it to provide services to you;
- requiring employees to sign confidentiality agreements to protect customer and other confidential information;
- ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes;
- personal information collected is retained as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected;
- encrypting credit card information on our order forms using secure socket layer (SSL) technology; and
- storing your personal information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
Forums & Other Interactive Services
Our sites may include discussion forums or other interactive areas or services, including blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, online hosting or storage services, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post or store any content, messages, comments, materials or other items on the sites (“Interactive Areas”). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public and any personal information you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others. We are not responsible for personal information you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor are we responsible for how others might use that information, including sending you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely. If at any time you would like to remove a posting, please email us at [email protected]. Keep in mind that removal of a posting from an Interactive Area does not mean that the posting will be deleted from our systems.
If you choose to use our referral services to tell a friend about our products or services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will use that information to send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site, review the product or service you have selected and if they choose to join us, to track our referral services. We may use a third-party provider to administer this function, but any such third-party provider may only use the information submitted to facilitate this one-time email.
If you are the person who was referred (either by email or otherwise, including through our referral program by clicking on a link on a third party site or email) and you choose to join us, The eLearning Network® member name and any information you choose to put on your profile page may be viewable to the person that referred you so that they may track their referral services.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent. If you are under 18, you shall not use or enter information on this site, including without limitation, any Interactive Areas of the site without parental consent. Please contact The eLearning Network® to obtain the necessary parental consent forms.
We may link to websites, including those of our subsidiaries and third-party content providers that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.