The following list includes technologies that eLearning.net feels may be worthy of consideration. We do not officially endorse any of these technologies, but companies we like and trust have adopted them recently.
- DotSub: dotSUB is a browser-based, one-stop, self-contained system for creating and viewing subtitles for videos in multiple languages across all platforms, including web-based, mobile devices, and transcription and video editing systems. It’s easy to use with nothing to buy or download.
- VideoScribe: Often called Whiteboard animation or Fast Drawing, VideoScribe replicates a stop-motion capture style of drawing that’s very popular on commercials.
- Responsive Web: Now that content is being created in HTML rather than Flash, knowing modern tips and tricks is key. Responsive Web is an approach to web design in which a site is crafted to provide an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones).
- Swift 3D: For those of use who believe Flash still has a place in the eLearning development world, Swift 3D is software for graphic and rich media designers using Adobe Flash® and Microsoft Expression Blend®. It is purported to be the only 3D software to integrate directly with Flash through the Swift 3D. File Importer and SmartLayer Technology and it exports to Microsoft XAML.
- Smooth Draw: SmoothDraw is an easy natural painting and digital free-hand drawing software that can produce high quality pictures. Smooth Draw supports many kinds of brushes (pen, pencil, dry media, airbrush, bristle brush, image hose, etc.), retouch tools, layers, and image adjustment, and it includes many effects.
- Bright Cove: Brightcove Video Cloud is the self-proclaimed “most powerful and easy to use online video platform for delivering high quality website video.” As a leading video hosting and publishing solution, Brightcove Video Cloud gives you everything you need to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. With easy-to-use tools and plans starting at $99/month, Video Cloud works for everyone.
- User Voice: UserVoice integrates easy-to-use feedback, helpdesk, and knowledge base management tools in one cloud-based platform. If you have online products and tools for which users may require “just-in-time training” or “online help,” this tool is designed to make it quick and easy to add this functionality.