Think you know Articulate? Think again! Articulate Storyline is a completely new product built from the ground up. Unlike the Articulate PowerPoint plugin called “Presenter,” Storyline does not require PowerPoint and includes a powerful yet easy-to-use set of features that makes producing interactive media-rich courses quick and easy. While not flawless, Storyline has proven to be one of the most compelling do-it-yourself eLearning authoring tools available today.
Our Overall Rating: 4.2 out of 5
What we like:
- Online community, forums, and support are very strong.
- Employees are passionate, knowledgeable, and friendly.
- No programming skill is required to create sophisticated interactivities.
- Output to both Flash and HTML (mobile friendly) devices is included.
- Extensive interface customization capabilities are provided.
- Audio timeline for synching visuals to audio is easy to use.
- Multiple layers and triggers are available to create conditional-based activities.
Areas for improvement:
- The text editor is a little light, and at the time this article was written did not have a decent “hanging indent” feature for list items. We’ve heard a fix is on the way for this soon.
- There is a tendency to crash unexpectedly – so save your work often!
- Pricing is a little steep compared to other authoring tools.
What we wish it did:
- It does not allow for multi-authoring in an online environment (check course in/out, etc.).